Events in the Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin
From version 2.0 Events are a part of Amelia WordPress Booking plugin. Events can be used for various occasions, from basic one or multiple days traveling tours, scheduling conferences to setting up group training or classes that repeats for some period of time. For whatever you need, you can create one or multi days events, that can repeat and even have assigned employee that works on your every day services.
Managing an Event
Let’s begin with creating your first Event. Go to the “Events” page, click on the “+ New Event” button or the “+” on the bottom right side of the page and the “New Event” dialog will appear. We will now go through the options.
- Details – is the first tab for creating the event. It consists of the following options:
- Name – For every event you can set up the event name. The event name will be shown on the Event front-end list for booking and because of that this field in the modal is mandatory.
- Date – “Dates” and “Time” are the options that you will use to set the schedule of your event. If you have event that lasts just one day, for example, on 15th June from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. you will set the following: Dates 15th June – 15th June, Time from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, if your event lasts several days you will have two options: (1) if the event starts and ends each day at the same time, you will create range of dates in the “Dates” option and set “Time” for those dates, (2) if your event has different start and end times on different days, you will use “Add Date” option to set the specific time for each date.
- Recurring – The recurring option is here if you want to create the event that repeats from time to time. Once you check “This is recurring event” option you will see two new ones: “Repeat event” and “Until when?”, so you can set how often the event repeats and until when it will repeat. Please note: at the moment all recurring events are shown on the back-end and on the front-end list as separate events and like that they cannot all be booked in one booking by customer. Customer on the front-end list chooses one event and pays and books just one, not all recurrence.
- Booking opens immediately and Booking closes when event starts – these two options are here so you can decide whether you will allow booking from the moment you create the event and until the event starts or you will set specific dates for one or both options. By default, these options are checked, but if you unchecked them you will see two new options to define the dates and times when the booking starts or/and closes.
- Price – Here you can set the price for your event. If you have recurring event, you should know that the price that you set here will be for one event, and will not be cumulative price for all recurrences, since the customer can just book one event, not all recurring events.
- Maximum allowed spots – Here you can set the maximum capacity for your event. Once the event gets full it will change the status to “Closed” and your customers will not be able to book it. On each event on the front-end event list your customers will be able to see the number of free places left as number of booked places/maximum number of places.
- Allow bringing more persons – this option allows you to choose whether each customer will see an option to select more persons during the booking or not. By default, option is checked which means that the customer will see an option to select the number of places/tickets so the customer can buy one or multiple spots. If you uncheck the option the customer will be able to book only one space.
- Select Address – Here you can set up the location of your event, that will be shown on the front-end event list. You can choose one of the locations that you have previously created on the Locations page or you can select Custom Address as an option and the new option “Custom Address” will show up below where you can then write the custom address.
- Staff – This option is here if you need to assign some employee to the event. The option is not mandatory so you can choose whether you need an employee assigned to the event or not, and you can also assign multiple employees. Once you assign the employee that will be shown in his calendar and that employee will become unavailable for appointment bookings in that time. However, if some appointment has already been booked and you scheduled the event after, the event and appointment will be in the same time, so pay attention on this.
- Tags – Here you can define the tag for your event. These tags will be shown on the front-end event list so the customers can filter the events. It is not necessary to create these tags, so if you, for example, don’t have too many events or your events are a part of the same category you don’t need to add tags to them. If you don’t create tags the tag filter will not be shown on the front-end event list and your customers will be able to filter the events only by the date. However, if you have, for example various different events like sport event, conferences, classes, you can create these tags to make it easier for your customers to find them.
- Description – Here you can write your event’s description. This description will be shown on the event details in the front-end so you can basically write everything about your event details, schedule, notes etc.
- Customize – is the second tab for creating the event.
It consists of the following options:
- Event Gallery – Here you can add pictures that will be shown on your event on the front-end list.
- Event Colors – Here you can set the color in which your event will be shown on the front-end event list. This color will not be applied on the whole event, instead it will be applied on the buttons in the event, calendar and price. You can choose one of the preset colors or you can add custom color by writing its code.
- Show event on site – This option is here so you can decide whether you want to show your event on the front-end events list. No matter whether the booking for the event is open or closed, or event is canceled or full you can choose here whether you want to show it on the front-end list.
Working with Events list
On the back-end Events list you can track all your events, whether they are open for booking, canceled or closed. The event list offers you the option to filter the events by date or range of dates and also search for the event by event name.
On the event list you can see the date and time of each event, the event name, number of booked versus number of all places, recurring mark, when booking opens and closes, and the current event status. The list works in that way that if you create event that lasts multiple days, the same event will be shown for each date.
Beside the event status you will see two options: “Attendees” and “Edit”. Clicking on the “Edit” button will open the “Edit Event” dialog where you can change any event parameters. If the event is recurring once you click “Save” you will be asked whether you want to save those change just for the current event or all following ones. As for the “Attendees” option, here you will see the list of attendees that have booked the event. On the list you can change the status for each attendee and delete the attendee. By click on the arrow you can see the payment method, option “Delete” so you can delete just that one single attendee, and “Edit attendee” option so you can edit attendee and his information added in the custom fields. Also, for those who have large attendees list, we’ve made “Search” option so you can easily find any of them. From version 2.3 beside “Edit attendee” option, we have added option “Add attendee” so now you can add attendees from the back-end to the event.