Front-end Booking Search in Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin
You have several possibilities to show your services on your website by choosing which Amelia booking shortcode you want to insert:
To choose one of them, click on the “Pages” in the WordPress admin panel, and then on the “Add New” button. You will see the Amelia insert shortcode button in the editor.
After you click on it, Amelia booking widget will open and you will be able to select the view. Click “OK“, and “Publish” your page.
You can use the “Front-end Booking Search” view when you want to give your customers the possibility to search for appointment by selecting several filters so that they could find the best time slots and services for their needs.
There are five filters they can use to find an appropriate time slot:
- Date – This filter is required, which means that other filters cannot be used until the date is selected.
- Time Range – Gives the possibility to select a time range which they prefer for the appointment.
- Services – Gives the possibility to select one or more services for which they want to see available appointments.
- Location – Gives the possibility to select the desired location.
- Employee – Offers them to select the employee.
Your customers can select one or many filters they need, just remember that it is required to select a date first.
After they select the date, they will immediately see first results, and by choosing any other additional filter the results will be narrowed down in real-time. After they are done with filtering, they can also search on the list for specific appointment by their name, and sort those results by “Ascending” and “Descending” name, and “Ascending” and “Descending” price.
When they have found an appointment, by clicking on the “Book” button they will be offered different options depending on the service:
- “Bringing anyone with you?” – If the service allows group appointments, your customers will see this option with the drop-down to select the number of persons. Capacity for a group appointment you can define on the back-end of your service dialog and also for every employee separately.
- “Select the Extra” – If the service has extras, your customers will see this option with a checkbox beside each of them, and once they check extra the quantity option will enable so they can choose how many extras they need.
Once they choose these two and click “Next” they will see available time slots for the appointment. Also note that if your service doesn’t have the possibility for a group appointment and doesn’t have extras, after the click on “Book” button they will see time slots right away.
After they choose a time slot and click “Book”, a booking widget will appear with three sections of data:
- A section with customer’s information – On the left side customers will be required to enter their first and last name, and email, while entering a phone number is optional. Here customer will also be able to choose between different Payment Methods, depending on the chosen ones in the Payment Setting on the back-end of the plugin.
- A section with appointment information – Here they will see which employee, date and time they have chosen, so if they made some mistake they can go back on “Cancel” button before they confirm the booking.
- A section with pricing calculation – Here they will see the price of the appointment, price of chosen extra, and total cost that will depend on the number of persons in booking. The total cost can be decreased using a coupon, that you’ve configured on the Finance page of your back-end.
After they click “Confirm” they will have an option to add this appointment to their calendar if they wish, but they can also just close the window, as booking is already finished at this point. Note that if you enable “PayPal” payment method before adding the appointment to calendar your customers will be redirected to the PayPal to log in and confirm the payment.