Events Calendar Booking View gives you the option to show your events in a form of a monthly calendar so your customers can easily see your events in the current month, choose one of them and book it.
Add Events Calendar on a Page
To add this view on one of your pages, click on the “Pages” in the WordPress admin panel, and then on the “Add New” button. You will see the “Amelia” insert shortcode button in your TinyMCE editor.
After you click on it, the Amelia booking widget will open. In “Select View” select “Events” from the drop-down, and you will see an option “Show Type”, by default the List view will be selected. Instead of the List view choose Calendar and the shortcode will change, then click “OK”, and “Publish” your page.
Now we will go through each option on the Event Calendar Booking View.
1. Today – this option can help your attendees to easily go back to the current date and month if they have searched for the specific event across multiple months.
2. Arrows – these arrows are here so attendees can easily switch from month to month to see your events.
3. Search – Search gives your attendees the option to search for a specific event by event name.
4. Filters – filters give more options to your attendees to filter the events on the monthly view based on the specific location, assigned host/employee, status, and type (which is added based on the tags that you add during the event creation).
5. Calendar section shows the events for the current month. If you have multiple events on the same date the first two will be shown with a name and others will be displayed below with +X Events label. By a click, the user can easily see all those events in the popup and if the attendee clicks on the date in the Upcoming section those events will be shown.
The number of free slots left will be shown for each event so attendees can know how many places have left.
6. Upcoming Events
In the upcoming events section, you will see the upcoming Events starting from Today or if you click on some other date in a month starting from that date. This section allows your users to see more about the several next events so they can choose one of them and book the place.
Booking Through Events Calendar
When your potential attendees see all events in the Calendar, they can click on a certain event in the month or click on the event from the Upcoming Events list, and details about that event will be shown with the option to book it.
In the Event Details section your attendees will be able to see:
- Name of the Event, with its status (Open for booking, Closed for booking or Canceled)
- Event Gallery – if you have large gallery then first four pictures will be shown with +number option so attendees can click on it and see the entire Event’s gallery.
- Start and End Date of the Event, number of places left and total capacity and address on which the Event will be hosted.
- Event’s tags
- Event’s description
- Event’s schedule where all dates with start and end time will be shown
- Event’s hosts
The rest of the booking process is the same as on the Events List. Based on capacity that you’ve set and based on whether you have allowed one attendee to add more people (with “Allow bringing more persons” option) once attendee clicks “Book now” option the option for selecting more people will be shown.
Once the attendee chooses the number of persons and clicks “Continue” the screen with the attendee’s details and payment options will be shown. When all personal info is entered attendee can continue and finish the booking process.